Friday 22 July 2016

Friday Thoughts

Whoever said the bible is not romantic must go by the name Judas not that there is anything wrong with that but let's be honest we all know how his story ends. Perhaps I have repeatedly said of how proud I am of my name but for emphasis sake let me say it one more time. I absolutely adore my first name.

Ruth in the bible was just some girl who happened to meet some man then they lived happily ever after. Right? WRONG!! When I meet a man am totally interested in I tend to give him a heads up by hinting the bible Ruth. I don't know about you being Boaz but am talking about who I truly am and what you should expect. I like my version of the story . The way I tell it comes off as more me than what you would expect from four chapters.

Ruth 1:18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her. I know what I want and I am determined to get and will stand by what I say.
Ruth 2:2 let me go to the fields and pick up the leftover grain behind anyone in whose eyes I find favor. I am always on the move trying to make ends meet. I see potential in what others dismiss as leftovers. Behind...I never want to take center stage but rather love working BEHIND  the scenes . I always invest if I am sure there is anyone in whose eyes I find favor.

From ten years later to Ruth 2:4 Just then Boaz arrived from Bethlehem and greeted the harvesters the Lord be with you. I don't believe in coincidences but rather live for moments like JUST THEN ....

This is the part I adore the most Ruth 2:5 Boaz asked the overseer of his harvesters ,"Who does that young woman belong to?"

What was meant to be yours ladies, you will never find yourself having to try so hard to impress to get his attention. He will notice you when all you are after are "leftovers". Gentlemen,  when you see her, oh you will know and no matter how proud and arrogant you try and come off every vein in your body will match up your heart beat. The heart speaks a language that the mouth can't explain but the rest of your body can express. And that is my #RealityCheck

No comments:

Post a Comment