Monday 5 April 2021

True love is not easy.

You don’t have to be raised in a broken home for you to be broken. I was born in a loving family where I still watch my parents acting like horny teenagers. My dad tickling my mum and her threatening to beat his ass like senior citizens, what’s going on here folks? Still, I was broken. I don’t know anything about being an only child which I am not, but the more siblings you have the less the attention. Due to the age difference, they don’t quite understand what and why I would carry myself in a bothered way. So I stayed quiet and chose to rebel.

My parents are the best hands down. They did an impeccable job with the little they had. They provided anything and everything that they could afford but emotionally, I grew up empty. In a house full of people, I was lonely and so alone that I would cry myself to sleep.

That affected the way I would conduct myself in relationships. I would give others too much and less to myself. All that mattered was their happiness. I interpreted what I learned from my parents wrong because I was from a place of brokenness. It took me a while to unlearn what I taught myself and heal from that place of lack to now fully apply that to a complete me. Not everyone who is single is lonely I know that now because I am alone because I know what being inlove looks and feels like. I am inlove with myself and thanks to my folks, I know true love.

My parents are the real definition of the notebook. One cannot live without the other. The way they love each other feels like a soap opera. They not only have their own language, these ones have their own world. They balance each other out beautifully. If God can offer me a quarter of that with my soulmate, I can leave this life a happy fulfilled lady. 

True love is not easy. 

It’s a fucking job. 

It’s worth it in the end. 

That’s what I look forward to, that fucking job. It’s not going to be easy but if it’s true love #LetsFallInLove Let’s 💜 baibèé

No comments:

Post a Comment