Saturday 5 March 2016

Saturday inspiration

We never grow up instead we grow in love. I recall when I was in high school and all I ever wanted secretly was to be the perfect girlfriend in the real world. I was a loner but in my own world I belonged. Writing kept me sane and busy. Am glad my bestfriend and Romeo encouraged me to work on my blog. By now if you are reading this you should know you are Romeo.

The perfect relationship is not where you go watch a movie , say all the right words and match up each others style or ego. To me the perfect man is the one I can be myself with. Sorry to disappoint you ladies and gentlemen but I have already met my Romeo. The beauty about this kind of a man is that he let's me be me. No this is no love story.  As I write this please note that I lost his number a year ago. I don't even need it . See we have our own language.  If I want to 'stalk' him I know where to find him. It's not stalking *laughing sheepishly* am just checking up on a brother *giggles*. He gets me not all of me but part of me the part especially I thought I had well hidden.

I don't have to try so hard with him. Am not saying that I barely dress up ofcourse not although according to him secretly he has yet to meet the sophisticated lady side of me. He has seen the tomboy side that enjoys animations and according to him am the only female he knows who knows more about cars. Still doubting if it's you, it's YOU! He has met the serious lady focused in everything that she does and even at one point he asked that I make time for him. That was sweet of him.

The truth is we were friends and hopefully still are but what we have is both dangerously beautiful yet scaring. He has an ego as huge as the bus of one tree hill and I let's just say am the queen of my castle.  I don't think he ever noticed or ever notices but he is the only man who calms me down. I am good at hiding how I feel but I can't hide it long enough whenever he is around so I distract myself with either music or someone else. I hardly make eye contact because then my vulnerability would be written in my eyes. I am a soldier and showing a sign of weakness is not allowed in my books.

I can't even bring myself to hate leave alone be mad at him for more than a day. Goodness!  I am his biggest and anything he would invest in I would 100% support without doubt. Why am I still single people ask.I would tell you but then you wouldn't understand. I am inlove and my heart is contented.  I once heard that these young people will never know the true meaning of love and they will never get to experience half of it. I don't need to walk down the aisle because deep down his love feels like each day I am a newly wed and this love motivates me to better myself and those around me. I don't need a ring because I already found true love and if fits like a glove in my warm yet so eagerly awaiting heart. I don't need a white Cinderella gown because giving back just requires a humble and yet willing heart. My faded jeans and T-shirt will do. I don't need glass slippers.  Have you seen the weather lately? In this heat glass seriously *laughs* . I don't need a crown after all I have the best accessory money can't buy my priceless smile .

Baibèé 🐝 🐝 your middle name is fine but I wear my first name with pride and honour because it reminds me of who I am and I am meant to be everyday. And that is my #RealityCheck

No comments:

Post a Comment