Wednesday 9 September 2020

you are what I want

Tonight is one of those nights where I am not going to share poetry as I am awfully generous 😉. I was hoping if I could possibly borrow you for the night. Just for a few hours. You can bring the warmth of your heart and I will allow the sparkle in my eyes to set the mood.

I see that has your attention. Good. I can work with that. Am starting to feel cold and get chills. I wonder why? That’s right, you haven’t closed the distance between us. So am going to need you to draw me in closer to you. As you do that, am slowly starting to feel silly.

What I should have said is now am starting to feel vulnerably shy. Am excited, anxious, scared, confused yet with all these mixed emotions I am still standing inches from you. I want to run away but I can’t. It’s not what I want anyway. This is what I want. You are what I want.

But I can’t tell you. Not just yet. So as I hold your hands and I look deep into those mysterious breathtaking eyes, I stop and let out a long sigh. Then I smile and quickly look away. You just stand there. With a gentle squeeze you allow me to just be lost in my own silence then in almost a whisper I begin opening up. Who you are, what people see and what they say. None of that matters because there is who you are to me, what I see and what am about to start saying for not just tonight, but endless nights to come if God grants us more ahead together.

I always keep my word. I asked to borrow your heart for a few hours and I intend to let you go. I just didn’t want this night to end without reminding your heart how important it is to not only you but to me as well as it’s part of #MyMgazineThoughts . How is that for poetry 💜💜

No comments:

Post a Comment