Wednesday 30 September 2015

Good Bye September

It was beautiful while it lasted. Oh September right from August I knew there was something dark about you. I couldn't quite put my finger to it but I knew you were going to surprise me in a not so me way. I even asked around and felt encouraged on learning a friend has a birthday in this mysterious month though deep down I shared my uncertainty with him about you.

I knew I had to go through you to get to where I look forward to. To bein with acting like I am going to miss you is not my style so until next year please September be good to me. 

With rewards comes sacrifice. People say January is hell on earth but you son of a woman deserve an Oscar for keeping me on my toes in a way I would rather forget. You weren't awful just not what I had in mind. I had expectations. I always have monthly expectations and yours felt more of like someone " Hi5 'ved my face". 

I will take what you taught me and use it to get through what is left of this year. Despite it all, we had our own little fun. You stood out and roughed this already tough cookie. 

Thank you September and whatever happens know that you will always hold a special place in my brain and heart. You had the bitter sweet effect I have always craved for. 

Bye darling....

And that is my September #RealityCheck 

No comments:

Post a Comment