Wednesday 19 August 2015

My 11 o'clock Reality

So am minding my own business trying to make ends meet by doing what I do best and no not smiling my way to the top the easy way but am comfortable with the game plan life has presented me. 

Then this somehow shy gentleman walks right up to me. We exchange our halos and what not trying to keep the conversation interesting if not going then he finally decides to ask if am married. As usual I laugh thinking to myself just my lack just when am alone doesn't mean am supposed to look, act and carry myself as though am neglected. 

I always knew he liked me and had asked me out but I never took the invitation seriously. Out of mere curiosity I teasingly ask why he never took me on an actual date secretly scared of his response. No one wants to appear unattractive not even to the "oh hell no type of man". I say what others murmur. So he takes a deep breath, smiles and looks down. Wait was I that bad!? I think and just like that paranoia takes over and I find myself assuring him that I will not be offended. As a matter of fact we will laugh it off. 

"You are too intimidating.It was not you, it was me. I wasn't ready ready for you then financially. But now I am ." It broke my heart hearing this man confess over the last thing on my mind. I don't disagree as a man if you can't provide it will be an issue but that is not a reason enough to not go for it. Anyway let me nurse my heart while trying my best bit to intimidate more men. 

My indeed  #RealityCheck

No comments:

Post a Comment